Re: Use of GCPS in Rasterio

Sean Gillies

Hi Vincent,

I think we can do this without a flag or environment variable if we agree on a convention. How about: when creating the GDAL transformer in the WarpedVRT class, we use the source dataset's transform *or* GCPs transform, unless the user provides the value?

I'll do this right now if you agree.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 7:29 AM <vincent.sarago@...> wrote:
We added the `from_gcps` function to create a transformation matrix from gcps (see: https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/pull/1773
This is a good first step but now when we open a file we still need to do something like

```
with rasterio.open(src_path) as src_dst:
    with WarpedVRT(src_dst, src_crs=src_dst.gcps[1], src_transform=from_gcps(src_dst.gcps[0])) as vrt_dst:
```

Question: I wonder if it will be possible to add an option (or env variable) for the `open` method to force the use of crs and transform created from gcps.

--
Sean Gillies

Join dev@rasterio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.