Mega GIS Wheel

Alan Snow

Not even sure if it is possible and I usually don't use wheels for mixing GIS stuff, but I have seen issues with it here and there. All the same, here is an idea that has been going through my head.

It would be interesting to see if there was a way to create a GDAL-based wheel with all of the related python projects that wrap the c-code or its dependencies c-code:
- rasterio
- fiona
- shapely
- pyproj
- h5py
- netcdf-python
- ...?

If it were possible, I would think it wouldn't be much bigger combined than just rasterio by itself as it would just add text files. And it could potentially resolve some conflicts with them being separate and duplicating the binaries.

Have there been discussions on this type of an idea before?

Join dev@rasterio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.