Topics

New wheel-building infrastructure for Rasterio

Sean Gillies

Hi all,

I've begun migrating the Rasterio wheel building process from my old https://github.com/sgillies/frs-wheel-builds project to Matthew Brett's https://github.com/matthew-brett/multibuild. Multibuild is what makes the Numpy and SciPy wheels we find on PyPI.

I plan to have Linux and OSX wheels for 1.0.3 on PyPI by the end of this week and wheels for Windows by the middle of September.

--
Sean Gillies

@cratcliff

Hi Sean,

Any update on how your going with the RasterIO wheels for the Windows environment?

Sean Gillies

I have not begun to work on Windows wheels. Frankly, I lack the Windows expertise and can't justify the time it would take to gain that expertise. As soon as a Rasterio win32 champion steps up, I will be happy to support them. Meanwhile, the conda-forge set of packages for Anaconda provide rasterio and so does Christoph Gohlke.