Version: 1.0.14
Author: Sean Gillies
Author-email: sean@...
Installer: pip
License: BSD
Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requires: cligj, snuggs, click, enum34, attrs, affine, numpy, click-plugins
Classifiers:
  Development Status :: 4 - Beta
  Intended Audience :: Developers
  Intended Audience :: Information Technology
  Intended Audience :: Science/Research
  License :: OSI Approved :: BSD License
  Programming Language :: C
  Programming Language :: Cython
  Programming Language :: Python :: 2.7
  Programming Language :: Python :: 3.3
  Programming Language :: Python :: 3.4

However, when I look at site-packages at /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rasterio/ and code for path.py session.py there is no GSSession class or no gs:// paths in the remote schemes in path.py. I got around by git pull source from mapbox/rasterio and doing a local pip install -e . and the above code I pasted works. I don't know if something is wrong with PyPI package distribution. I am curious if others have had success with the latest rasterio 1.0.14 and the new features.
pip show rasterio

pip show rasterio