Re: Rasterio 1.0.14

Madhav Desetty

Great! I am good for now through local rasterio 1.0.14 packaging but happy to test out GS support  again once rasterio 1.0.15 is out.

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 6:15 PM Sean Gillies via Groups.Io <sean=mapbox.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, you are absolutely right. Google cloud support landed in master and I failed to cherry pick it before 1.0.14 as I'd intended. Sorry! I'm going to release a 1.0.15 to fix this tonight.

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 3:09 PM <madhav@...> wrote:
@Sean
I think something is not right with the PyPI distribution of rasterio 1.0.14. I did pip install rasterio into a clean virtualenv and it installed rasterio. See the pip show rasterio output:

rio
---
Metadata-Version: 2.1
Name: rasterio
Version: 1.0.14
Author: Sean Gillies
Author-email: sean@...
Installer: pip
License: BSD
Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requires: cligj, snuggs, click, enum34, attrs, affine, numpy, click-plugins
Classifiers:
  Development Status :: 4 - Beta
  Intended Audience :: Developers
  Intended Audience :: Information Technology
  Intended Audience :: Science/Research
  License :: OSI Approved :: BSD License
  Programming Language :: C
  Programming Language :: Cython
  Programming Language :: Python :: 2.7
  Programming Language :: Python :: 3.3
  Programming Language :: Python :: 3.4

However, when I look at site-packages at /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rasterio/ and code for path.py session.py there is no GSSession class or no gs:// paths in the remote schemes in path.py. I got around by git pull source from mapbox/rasterio and doing a local pip install -e . and the above code I pasted works. I don't know if something is wrong with PyPI package distribution. I am curious if others have had success with the latest rasterio 1.0.14 and the new features.
pip show rasterio

pip show rasterio

Madhav Desetty
Chief Software Architect