Re: Implementing -scale functionality of gdal_translate

linden.kyle@...

Ok, so it appears the issue was that I was attempting to do a windowed read outside the bounds of the geotiff (for TMS edge tiles) and `src.read()` was only returning the data inside the bounds since I wasn't using the `boundless=True` option. However, the next problem I am running into is that I'd like to use `fill_value=numpy.nan` to fill in the edge data with NaN values. However, my data is UInt8. Is there any way to specify an option to cast the data read by the call to `read()` into float32 so that I can support this?