Re: How to extract DATA_ENCODING creation option type from an input grib2 file for use in the output grib2 file

Shane Mill - NOAA Affiliate

Hey Sean,

Thanks for the response, I can definitely see why that would be problematic, especially for converting between formats. That makes perfect sense to me. It's unfortunate that it isn't originally provided in the GDAL API, but I'll look at other ways of getting around this with a native GRIB API or within the application.

Again, thanks as always for the context and background. It's very much appreciated.

Shane