Re: Writing ESRI sidecar files

James David Smith

Thanks for the tip Sean, but that doesn't work for me.

with rasterio.Env(TIFF_USE_OVR=True, GDAL_PAM_ENABLED=YES, ESRI_XML_PAM=YES):
----- name 'YES' is not defined

If I change 'YES' to True then the code runs .... but I'm not sure
it's recognizing the commands as the aux.xml file isn't created (but
the .ovr is).

Anyone got a good idea?

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 18:53, Sean Gillies via Groups.Io
<sean@...> wrote:

Hi James,

I have tried this myself, but I think you'll want to add both GDAL_PAM_ENABLED=YES and ESRI_XML_PAM=YES to the Env.

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ConfigOptions#GDAL_PAM_ENABLED
https://gdal.org/drivers/raster/gtiff.html#configuration-options

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:11 AM James David Smith <james.david.smith@...> wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to use rasterio to manipulate a file and then write it out,
along with accompanying ESRI-type files. So the output files will be:

raster.tif,
raster.tif.aux.xml
raster.tif.ovr

I think before writing the file I can do something like this to create
the ovr file.

rasterio.Env(TIFF_USE_OVR=True)

Is there a similar command to create the aux.xml file please?

Thanks, James