Re: Writing raster to GeoPackage layer

Sean Gillies

Ryan,

I don't use geopackage rasters and haven't tested the code I'm about to suggest, but I think this is worth a try:

with rasterio.open("testing.gpkg", "r+", raster_table="new_table", append_subdataset=True) as dst_dataset:
    dst_dataset.write(array)

The format driver has a big set of options and it's possible that the ones above are not entirely sufficient for your purposes. See

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 1:11 PM Sean Gillies via Groups.Io <sean.gillies=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
It may be that rasterio doesn't support multilayer raster datasets. I'll make a note to open an issue in the tracker about this.

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 10:19 AM Ryan <code@...> wrote:
Installed rasterio through conda:

conda create -n gpkg-test -c conda-forge python=3.7 rasterio