Re: Geotiff max/min coordinates question

Amine Aboufirass <amine.aboufirass@...>

Couldn't you use the .bounds method on your dataset reader object?

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 11:26 PM <j.carnes2553@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am very new to rasterio and gis in general. I really like the rasterio library so far but had a question on how it works similar to a gdal function. I am trying to get the max/min values for a geotiff file in lat/long format so that I can add the png of the geotif files to a map in python.

I found a way to do it in gdal but would rather use rasterio. I checked out the rasterio documentation and thought that maybe I should look into using the transform function but noticed the outputs weren't in lat/long. Any info on how to get the max/mins in lat/long format from a geotiff file using rasterio would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help!