Transform Conversion to Lat/Long

j.carnes2553@...

Hello everyone,

In the picture below I am using rasterio to open a .tif file and then transform the those bounds to get the upper left and lower right points of the dataset. My question is around how to convert a point that is not from the bounds and is just an x,y point in meters in a specific epsg. I want to be able to convert multiple points that are in the x,y meter format to a lat/long format all within this epsg.

Another question I have is around how applicable this is to creating new distances. For example is I am at the upper left spot and increase the x by 5 meters and convert that coordinate back to lat/long, does that mean that the two lat/long coordinates are now exactly 5 meters apart?

I am quite new to the GIS world so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!