Re: Clarification on rio bounds --sequence/--collection

I agree, it is confusing. And there is a bug here. The --sequence/--collection switch was intended to allow printing a sequence of JSON texts (GeoJSON feature or bbox) or a single GeoJSON feature collection. But the latter feature is disabled by the reuse of --collection to determined the type of JSON output.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 10:44 PM Yann-Sebastien Tremblay-Johnston <yanns.tremblay@...> wrote:
Hi,

In the usage description of `rio bounds --help`

```

 --sequence / --collection  Write a LF-delimited sequence of texts containing
                             individual objects (the default) or write a
                             single JSON text containing a feature collection
                             object.

 --collection               Output as GeoJSON feature collection(s).
```

confuses me. The first instance of `--collection` seems to imply that if several input files are passed like `rio bounds --collection *.tif`, then the output would be a single GeoJSON document with a single FeatureCollection containing multiple Features corresponding to each tif file expanded in the shell. The second instance of `--collection` is perhaps more honest in setting expectation that a FeatureCollection object will be created for each tif file. I'm wondering if the first I described was ever meant to be intended behavior? or has there been a regression?

Thank you so much!