Re: rasterio vsicurl issues with docker-compose

Sean Gillies

Thank you for following up. Getting a resolution, when we can, is super important for a forum like this.

In this case, the error

rasterio._err.CPLE_OpenFailedError: '/vsicurl/http://oin-hotosm.s3.amazonaws.com/59c66c5223c8440011d7b1e4/0/7ad397c0-bba2-4f98-a08a-931ec3a6e943.tif' does not exist in the file system, and is not recognized as a supported dataset name.

occurs because GDAL was configured to ignore/disregard .tif resources. It's actually an accurate error message. If anything is missing, it's the context. I'm curious to know if you (or anybody else) feels like the current set of GDAL configuration options should surface in the exception. In this case, it might have revealed the problem in seconds.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 7:06 PM Madhav Desetty <madhav@...> wrote:
I found my problem. I had extra double quote from a copy paste around for this env var CPL_VSIL_CURL_ALLOWED_EXTENSIONS=".TIF,.ovr,.jp2,.tif" which I was setting via .env file and referencing it in the docker-compose.yml file. Once I removed the quotes for the curl allowed extensions, it started working again.