window from_bounds behaviour

Hi all: first off, kudos to the rasterio project, very well done!

Using 1.1.2 I'm getting some weird behaviour when trying to create a window from bounding coordinates.

>>> from rasterio.windows import from_bounds
>>> window = from_bounds(-150, 40, -45, 90)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/tomkralidis/Dev/pygeoapi/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasterio/windows.py", line 278, in from_bounds
    transform, left, top, op=float, precision=precision)
  File "/Users/tomkralidis/Dev/pygeoapi/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rasterio/transform.py", line 238, in rowcol
    invtransform = ~transform
TypeError: bad operand type for unary ~: 'NoneType'

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

..Tom

P.S. aside: The pygeoapi project is implementing the OGC API - Coverages specification and will be using rasterio as the default coverage provider.