Re: Silencing NotGeoreferencedWarning

Guillaume Lostis

Hi Vincent,

Option 1 with RPCs and GCPs would be perfect for my use case because all of the datasets I open have one of them.
But it would still leave warnings when you write a png or jpg with no georeference as you pointed out.

I have to admit I didn't know rasterio had logs... What's the rationale behind deciding what goes to logs, and what goes to stderr/warnings?

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 15:40, <vincent.sarago@...> wrote:
Hi Guillaume,
thanks for raising this, it happens to me often too.

I'm thinking about multiple solutions:
- check if the file has other georeferenced information (like rpc or gpc) internally before raising this warning.
- instead of raising a warning maybe a logging.info would be sufficent ?

I also encounter this when saving file like png or jpg that don't have georeference which appears to me unnecessary.