Using Python rasterio package to read gif file and world file, re-project to another picture

gd.zhu@...

Hello,

I want to re-project a radar image (https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/RadarImg/latest_radaronly.gif) which is in NAD83/EPSG4326 to WGS84/Pseudo-Mercator/EPSG3857. There is a world file associated with this gif (https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/RadarImg/latest_radaronly.gfw). I was wondering how can I do this projection using Python rasterio package, and how to extract the coordinates bounds from the new re-projected picture?

I'm very new to GIS. I know world file contains georeferencing information, but I stucked at the first step and don't know how to read gif file along with the world file...

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Best regards,
Guodong