Re: Interconverting between pyproj and rasterio CRS objects

Nick Weir

Yeah, this of course works. I'm more thinking from a philosophical standpoint of "which object works better to pass around?"

It seems like the pyproj objects work a bit better. And that's what's natively used in geopandas and a bunch of other places. I guess the question becomes "what's the benefit of rasterio having its own CRS object type"...I guess the main argument against is that adding pyproj is adding an additional dependency?

See this gist for a bit of exploration of this.