Decimated and windowed read in rasterio

umbertofilippo@...

(Posted also on gis.stackexchange.com: https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/353794/decimated-and-windowed-read-in-rasterio)

In my workflow using rasterio, I'd like to read an overview from a raster and get only a portion of it through a window at the same time.

Is this possible?

I have a pretty complex script so far and I'm trying to check whether the wrong output is due to this not being possible.

Basically, I am asking if it is possible to do something like this:

data = src.read(out_shape=(1,
                           math.ceil(src.height / 64),
                           math.ceil(src.width / 64)),
                window=window)

where data is a decimated read of src to get source raster overview for factor 64, and window has the width and height whose dimensions are relative to the source raster (not the overview).