Speed up reading rasters

Carlos García Rodríguez

Hello, I need to read many huge datasets and the speed time is very important to avoid a bottleneck.
I have to read a tiff file that has 20 bands, and a window of 224,224.
Now I am doing like this, and it takes approx 0.8seconds.

with rasterio.open('./sentinel.tif') as src:
          sentinel1_1 = src.read(window=window)

What I realized is that if I try to read only one of the bands the required time is approx the same, but when reading a tiff of only one band the amount of time is 10 times shorter.

Can I do something to speed it up? Maybe read bands in parallel, I don't really know.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.