In-memory multi dataset object

Guy Doulberg

Hi
I wonder if I can create in-memory multi-dataset dataset, something like `gdalbuildvrt` but in memory

The use case I have in mind, is that I have a list of urls some of them construct the same band and some construct different band and I want to treat them as a single dataset

Theoretically, I an produce such dataset by calling gdalbuildvrt with those urls and them open the vrt created.  Is there another way of doing that?

If no, in environment that has only rasterio installed not gdal, how can I use  gdalbuildvrt?

Thanks Guy