Re: can resampling not populate cell if source has nodata?

Sean Gillies

I see what you mean. Rasterio doesn't have a built in option for this, unless there is a GDAL resampling trick that I am not aware of.

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:55 AM <nick.forfinski@...> wrote:
Hi Sean.  Thanks for the message.  I understand your example, but I may have been confusing in my email.  I think I'm asking something different.  Is there a way to force the resampling process to not populate a resampled value where there are corresponding nodata values in the original raster?  For example, in the image below, the lighter 5-m purple raster is the resampled version of the darker 1-m blue raster.  Many of the resampled raster's pixels correspond to gaps in the original raster.  How could I resample so that all 25 source cells are required to produce a resampled value?

Thanks again for your help and a great module,
Nick