Re: Does rasterio.warp.reproject use overviews?

Sean Gillies

Hi Loïc,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 8:55 AM Loïc Dutrieux <loic.dutrieux@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I read that the gdalwarp command line defaults to using the overview level nearest to target resolution. What about `rasterio.warp.reproject()`? Does it use overview at all?

Thank you and kind regards,

Loïc

gdalwarp's logic is found in apps/gdalwarp_lib.cpp, not in gcore, so rasterio.warp.reproject() does not have it. We've got a rasterio ticket about switching over to use the main function in apps/gdalwarp_lib.cpp so that the behavior of rasterio.warp.reproject() is exactly the same as gdalwarp, but haven't started work on it yet.