Re: Does rasterio.warp.reproject use overviews?

Loïc Dutrieux

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your response.

Is it correct to interpret from your explanation that:

 1- currently the reproject function will never use overviews of the source file, even when it involves downsampling.

 2- In a future version `reproject()` will eventually use source file overviews. (and the user will be able to control that behavior via an argument (e.g. overviewLevel= as in gdal python API)?)

To provide some context about why I want to know that, I'm warping 10 m sentinel2 data to a 20 m grid and I want to make sure it does *not* use the source file overviews. Overviews are fine for visualization but often not suitable for analysis (unless they have been generated with the right resampling algorithm).

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Loïc