Re: Is it possible to ignore existing overview when performing decimated read?

Even Rouault

On vendredi 13 novembre 2020 09:05:41 CET Sean Gillies via groups.io wrote:
HI Loïc,

I don't think we currently have any option other than to remove the
overviews. In theory GDAL's OVERVIEW_LEVEL open option could help us, but
the implementation isn't there. For example, if you used gdalwarp with
`-ovr NONE` it will set an internal overview level to the value of -1. But
that bypasses GDALOpenEx (used by rasterio). GDALOpenEx won't let us pass
`OVERVIEW_LEVEL=-1. It fails with a "Cannot open overview level -1" error.
Was left as an exercice for a contributor:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3181

Even

http://www.spatialys.com