Re: Clarification on usage with QGIS

Ari Meyer

FYI, Sean Gillies responded on https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/issues/2096 :

I'm certain that until rasterio is included with QGIS, shared library compatibility ("DLL Hell") will be a problem for your plugin. For a compiled program like QGIS, it's fairly simple to make sure that only one instance of a library is loaded, this is the job of the linker. In a Python program, there's no built in way to prevent conflicts when different extension modules cause different instances of the same shared library to be loaded. If I were writing QGIS plugins, I would try to stick to usingĀ https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master/.