Re: Clarification on usage with QGIS

Ratcliff, Christina (A&F, Waite Campus)

I've successfully developed the PAT plugin for QGIS using rasterio,  geopandas (uses fiona, shapely). All of these libraries are available in the osgeo4w installer through the advanced install. You will also have to ensure the correct GDAL dll is also installed for the version of rasterio you are using.

My method was to create a windows bat file containing the relevant installation which then can be run as administrator to install the libraries. This will use a command line install of rasterio, geopandas and GDAL dll via OSGeo4W.

Have a look at the following osgeo4w and QGIS  tickets for answers to some of the issues I came across.

I hope this helps.
Christina