How to specify the name of the input files with the geographical metadata?

juanjo.gomeznavarro@...

Good morning,

I'm working with PNG files, and the metadata is stored in two separate files: .pgw and .png.aux.xml. Currently I'm forced to use the same name for the three files, i.e. the image and the two auxiliary files with the geographical information. This is cumbersome and inconvenient, because I have a set of images that share the same georeferentiation and currently I'm forced to clone the .pgw and .png.aux.xml files in a somewhat silly way for introducing each image. Is there a way to tell rasterio.open that the two files with the metadata are named different from the PNG image?

Thanks a lot!