Re: rasterio merge producing strange results

Denis Rykov

Hi Paolo. Can you reproduce the issue with the latest version of rasterio?

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 2:46 PM Paolo Corti <pcorti@...> wrote:
Hello all

I am experiencing strange results with rasterio.merge module (rasterio==1.1.5).

I am merging a very large number of small images (in chunks of 100), and the output always has strange stripes in the central area of the output image (see attached file).
This is happening for several areas of the world. In some cases I have found that setting the precision parameter to 50, as suggested here [1], seems to fix the problem, however there are cases where I still get the stripes.

Any idea why this is happening? Do you have any suggestions for fixing this?

thanks a lot in advance
Paolo

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.37.16 AM.png

[1] https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/343308/rasterio-merge-giving-incorrect-result

--
Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer