Re: Create a Dataset from an array

ayr035@...

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the example code. It seems to work reliably enough for my use case. It was way easier than I imagined it being as I thought it might involve hacking the InMemoryRaster class. Would it be a desirable addition to make it easy for a user to do this in rasterio (at least a helper function generate the MEM string given an array)?

Wrapping the array in a Dataset does not seem to have much of a noticeable performance penalty if any at all. The performance of reading directly from the array (making a copy of any slices) and reading from the Dataset were almost identical.

Thanks again.