Re: Help with saving images using lossless jpeg compression

Idan Miara

Hi Ghedia,

Try Deflate or LZW compression.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2021, 14:47 Varisht Ghedia, <varisht@...> wrote:
Hi,

While saving transformed and cut geotiff files to local filesystem, I wanted to save them in a lossless format. Currently, I use the "GTiff" driver to save the rasters in a tif format. While this does preserve the data, the file size is quite large (60MB~100MB). On saving them in a compressed format using JPEG a lot of quality is lost and the images lack the original details. Is there a provision to save these rasters in a different lossless format which is lighter and offers good compression? I explored lossless jpeg compression and wanted to use it. What is the right way to implement this?

Thanks and regards,
Varisht Ghedia