Topics

rasterio Google Cloud Storage (GCS) access

Sean Gillies

Thanks for the clarification, Even!

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 9:17 AM Even Rouault <even.rouault@...> wrote:
On samedi 8 décembre 2018 16:05:52 CET Sean Gillies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Your GDAL library needs to be built on a curl library that is itself built
> with SSL support. I think that the GDAL and curl packages in most distros
> will meet this requirement, but if you are compiling GDAL and curl from
> source you'll need to assure something like

Actually, this warning is GDAL specific, and has nothing to do with curl (but
of course curl without SSL support is rather useless). The service account
authentication method of Google OAuth2 requires using a RSA signing key to
create signed requests to GCS, and, for that, "GDAL must be built against
libcrypto++ or libcrypto (openssl)" (sorry, can't find a better wording :-))

$ ./configure --help | grep crypto
  --with-cryptopp=ARG       Include cryptopp support (ARG=yes, no or path)
  --with-crypto=ARG       Include crypto (from openssl) support (ARG=yes, no
or path)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Madhav Desetty

I didn't build gdal but I am using the base gdal image from quay.io/mojodna/gdal:v2.3.2. s3 access is working perfectly fine. If GDAL was not built SSL, AWS S3 wouldn't have worked correct? Also is  there a development guide that I can use to test rasterio and package it for distribution in docker images? I looked at the Makefile but not sure what are best practices to fork and develop rasterio.

Even Rouault

[...]

for curl and

for GDAL.

Hope this helps!

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 3:40 PM <madhav@...> wrote:

Hi

I forked and am trying to add support for rasterio and rio to handle files on Google Cloud Storage. I made changes to path.py and added remote schemes to include gs:// type urls similar to AWS S3 support. I tested it locally on macOS, the below command works:

rio info gs://pdd-stac/disasters/hurricane-harvey/0831/20170831_172754_101c_3b_Visual.tif`through the container.

But when I package rasterio in Docker container try through a container. I get the following error. Any ideas what I maybe doing wrong?

ERROR 6: CPLRSASHA256Sign() not implemented: GDAL must be built against libcrypto++ or libcrypto (openssl)

Madhav Desetty