Topics

Reading an image by overlapped blocks of chosen depth

mail2abhisek.maiti@...

I was not aware of the boundless reading. Fantastic implementation. Thanks.

Luke

I've put a couple of methods in my answer to your SO question, by expanding the block windows and also for arbitrary windows (unrelated to internal blocks/tiles).

mail2abhisek.maiti@...

In rasterio, reading image array in the unit of blocks is pretty convenient and useful. However, Overlapping blocks could be very useful for certain applications which requires kernel wise processing (such as simple smoothing filter).  So far there is no provision to make a block overlap with its neighboring blocks as per requirement of the application. It would be immensely handy if this feature gets implemented in rasterio. Related Stackoverflow Question.