Topics

Make _boundless_vrt_doc public

Denis Rykov

Hi,

We are going to use rasterio.vrt._boundless_vrt_docĀ for making a XML VRT out of dataset in our library.
But we are little afraid because the name of this function tells that it is a private one.
Are there any reasons for this? What do you think about to make this function public?

Sean Gillies

Hi Denis,

I'm not prepared to make it public yet. I'm not confident that the signature of the method is finished and I believe we should have a discussion on the dev group about VRTs and how much support we'll have for them in Rasterio's public API.

For now, I recommend copying it into your own project.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 9:39 AM Denis Rykov <rykovd@...> wrote:
Hi,

We are going to use rasterio.vrt._boundless_vrt_docĀ for making a XML VRT out of dataset in our library.
But we are little afraid because the name of this function tells that it is a private one.
Are there any reasons for this? What do you think about to make this function public?

Guy Doulberg

Hi Sean

I can't find the dev-group to discuss this issue, where can I find it?

Thanks, Guy